Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Where my distaste of spoilers works against me

Did you ever read a book you thought was the last one of a series, only to discover (on the very last page) that no, it's not, and worse, it ends on a cliffhanger, and even worse than that, the next book (and it really better be the last one or I will have to hurt someone) doesn't come out for another eight months?

That was me. Yesterday.


Fury doesn't even begin to cover it.

It's probably my fault. I avoid spoilers and reviews once I've decided to read something. I don't like having the foreknowledge as it dilutes the final effects.

And yet, if I'd bothered to look at GoodReads, I might've learned ahead of time of this situation and thus been able to hold off on reading this book until after the last one is out. I've done it before. (Don't even get me started on how hard it was to avoid Harry Potter spoilers when I stopped reading after the fourth book.) I could do it again.

Only I won't have to because it's already too late.


0 comments: