Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

The next step in recovery

I get my stitches out today!!!

I'm, ahem, a little excited about it.

It seems silly. I mean, it's not like I get to wear shoes right away. In fact, my doctor would prefer if I wait another six weeks before putting a shoe on that foot. I'll still have to wear this clunky, orthopedic shoe, which makes it very hard not to clomp like Frankenstein around the house. The only plus to wearing it as that all those lone socks I've accumulated over the years are getting some attention again.

But...there are definite advantages to getting these stitches out. Not the least of which is I don't have to play shower Twister any more trying to wash up without getting my foot wet.

I won't be able to exercise properly until I can get shoes on, but with the stitches out, I'll at least be able to do some calisthenics. I need that. As much fun as it's been having an excuse to sit and put my feet up for hours at a time, my jeans aren't too pleased with the end result. I have one pair that isn't speaking to me at all right now.

And when all is said and done and I'm back to wearing shoes on both feet again, I will very likely have to buy some new ones to accommodate my new left foot.

Like I really needed an excuse to splurge at DSW. :)

2 comments:

teresaryntetar said...

The good thing about having to wear that shoe is that your toes get to rest some more and will not be as cramped for a little longer..lol

ELF said...

Congrats on recovering (sorry, am working my way backwards through your posts so I don't know WHY you have sutures, but any time they are ready to come out is a good thing!). Try not to overdo it...that's always the temptation.