Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A little bit of Burlesque

Last night, I watched Burlesque with my daughter. She likes Christina Aguilera, and she'd been seeing the commercials, so without much else to do (since my husband was firmly ensconced in front of his copy of Halo 4 in the family room), we curled up on the couch together to check it out.

Surprisingly, I didn't hate it.

I'm pretty sure that's because I had such low expectations going into it.

It's hardly original, and most of it is just excuses to string together music videos for Aguilera, but she acts better than I would've given her credit for, and Cam Gigandet, the actor who plays her male roommate and would-be love interest, is pretty darn delicious. I mean, look at this guy...

The eyeliner pretty much does it for me.

But in case this doesn't toot your horn, he's also the guy in this shot, which I think a lot of women are pretty familiar with:


I'm not likely to ever see it again, or catch myself humming the music, but I don't feel like it was a total waste of two hours, either. Enough pretty abounded to distract me from the unoriginality, and sometimes, that's all I need.

0 comments: