Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Much Ado About Whedon

I wish I lived in Toronto.

Or could have traveled to Toronto this past week.

It's not just because their international film festival is going on right now.

Well, okay, it is just because of that, but it's because of a very specific film that premiered there.

Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing.

I'm a Joss fan. A big one. That doesn't mean I love everything he's ever done (Firefly still kind of escapes me), but he hits my buttons pretty darn consistently. Plus, he created one of my favorite shows ever (Buffy).

So when I learned earlier this year that he'd done this black-and-white, shot in 12 days, cast with many of my favorite Whedon actors version of my favorite Shakespeare comedy, I about wet my pants in anticipation of seeing it. I mean, come on. Alexis Denisof as Benedick? He has the theater chops to handle the verse and impeccable comedic timing. Amy Acker? She proved as Illyria that she was more than a pretty face. Nathan Fillion? Clark Gregg? Joss at the helm? How could I not be excited?

Except the thing is...now I have to wait again. I've had the opportunity to hear several of my Canadian friends go on and on about how great it was. Some even shared pictures of the cast (lucky bitcas). The reviews from the professionals have been just as glowing, which is great for the odds of a wider release, but also serves to drive me crazy with the wanting to see it.

Waiting sucks.

At this point, however, I have no other choice.

1 comments:

Carla Krae said...

The few stills released from the film have been really cool.