Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday

Welcome to my SSS! For December and January, I'm highlighting one of my Zodiac books, Capricorn: Forgotten Faces. This comes very soon after last week's six, with Caleb and Leandro in bed about to have sex. Caleb has seen the love in Leandro's face and been stunned into silence.

...All of a sudden, I yearned to take those emotions blazing in his eyes and wrap them around my lifeless heart. He could resuscitate it. I knew he could. The prospect both thrilled and terrified me.

Though my silence extended longer than I would have normally allowed it, Leandro didn’t push me to speak. He waited for me to catch up to where he’d been for centuries, and I knew, deep inside, he’d wait even longer if that was what it took.


To check out all the other six sentence contributions, head over to the official website.

19 comments:

Wendy said...

I really love these snippets. great job.

Cara Bristol said...

Heated emotion. Nice. BTW, I really like the cover.

Laura Kaye said...

That is very sweet. The emotional intensity definitely hooked me!

Carrie Ann Ryan said...

Intense - I like it.

Angela Quarles said...

aaaw, sweet! Great emotions!

Ruthie said...

Leandro sounds like a thoroughly irresistible man. Great six!

Alix Cameron said...

I love his emotions resuscitating her, great six!

Cassandra Carr said...

*shiver* Very nice. Love the emotion you've conveyed!

K.E. Saxon, Author said...

This was a very nice piece. Very emotional. I like the connection between the two heroes. Great six!

D Carney said...

Aww, he sounds like a definite keeper.

Sarah Ballance said...

Your words are always so beautiful. Astoundingly so.

Sarah Grimm said...

Love this! Nicely done!

Alyssa Fox said...

Intense-you had me hooked.

diannehartsock said...

Love this story! Bought it last week. Can't wait for it to get here!

Siobhan Muir said...

Sweet six, Vivien. I love the realization and tenderness in such few lines. Nicely done. :)

Cate Masters said...

Excellent, wonderful emotion and description in this snippet.

Unknown said...

Very intense, Leandro sounds like quite the man :)

J.C. Martin said...

Centuries is a long time to wait! Love the intensity of emotions in this! Great descriptions!

E. Jamie said...

Le sigh...