Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sons of Anarchy finale

Looks like it's a TV week here for me at the blog. I want to talk about my reactions to Sons of Anarchy's finale. So if you haven't watched Tuesday night's episodes, or if you want to stay unspoiled for what's going to happen, it's probably a good idea to stop reading now.

Ready?

Holy crap.

That's pretty much reaction every year, but...holy crap.

This show is going to kill me. I had to get off the computer last night early so I didn't get spoiled, then stay off this morning until I'd watched it. My stomach has been in my throat since finishing it half an hour ago.

First of all, I didn't see that coming with Tara until Unser left Gemma alone. Then, I had to actually pause the DVR and walk away because I knew it was going to be bad, bad, bad. High, vengeful, just dumped, alone Gemma? Complete disaster waiting to happen. And of course, the moment Tara thinks she might actually be happy, that's when everything gets pulled out from under her.

Seeing Jax hold her at the end killed me. Kurt Sutter said in the afterword that he needed this kind of drastic event to propel Jax into the last season, but that's got me terrified about what he intends. I don't want Wendy to be a part of those children's lives at all. Clean, sure. But she doesn't love Jax, and I don't trust her not to mess up again.

And what is Jax going to do when he finds out Gemma was the one who killed Tara? I've got to believe Juice is on the run now. Jax already put him on the watchlist with the club, so he has nowhere else to go. His helping Gemma by shooting the sheriff (god, I hated that, I really did) makes perfect sense in light of everything going through Juice's head. No place with the club. The debt he owed to Gemma for saving his life. If he sticks around, his guilt will only get worse. He's already wound too tight.

I'm scared for Jax. He's made some bad decisions, but now he's lost the two people who were keeping him morally grounded - Opie and Tara. Bobby's an excellent influence on him, but that's not the same.

Then there's Nero. Who is getting dragged back in against his will. I've always liked Jimmy Smits, but this show has really made me appreciate him more. I love him to death. I wonder what it would be like to go back and watch LA Law now, lol.

Hats off to CCH Pounder for some great guest work this season, too. I hope she's back next year.

Man, I need a drink after that.

0 comments: