Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

RT in two weeks

I find it really hard to believe that in two weeks I'll be in Dallas for RT. Where has the year gone already?

I'm not doing promo this year because I missed out on the book signing and then forgot about Promo Alley, which means I can focus on panels and working rather than presentation. I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to the freedom. It's kind of liberating to know I can wander around on Saturday as a reader instead of an author, and that I'm not making constant trips to refill swag baskets.

Plus, anyone who knows me knows that I use RT as work time. I'm the one who slips away at the end of a panel to go back to my room to work. As far as I'm concerned, without kids to take my attention, this is free time, so I absolutely have to take advantage of it. It's such a relief to be able to throw myself into something without having to worry about how long before I have to leave for the school run, or stopping to fix dinner.

While I'm not a party person, I am attending two cocktail parties with fellow authors, and in the evenings, I'm likely to hang out in the lobby or bar to talk to friends. So if you're planning on being there, let me know so I have the chance to say hi. And don't be afraid to approach. I'm shy by nature, and I'm almost guaranteed to be the one sitting in the corner watching and not talking. That doesn't mean I don't want to, though, so please don't let it put you off. Break the ice, and it's much easier for me!

0 comments: