Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Year Ahead

I have to say, I'm excited about 2015. It's the little things, like:

  • Knowing I won't be signing at RT this year so I can spend Saturday morning being a fangirl for all those authors I adore. When I registered for the convention, I got put on the waitlist which seems like a blessing in disguise, frankly. No more sneaking away for a couple minutes at a time.
  • Getting a weekend with my sisters in August for us to just hang out. We live in different time zones/states - North Carolina, Oklahoma, and California - and the last time we were all together was five years ago.
  • My daughter starts driver's training. This doesn't fill me with dread like it would for most parents. Her schedule is insane. I'm counting down the days until she can shoulder some of the transportation responsibilities.
  • Shows/people I get to see. Just in the next four months alone, I have tickets for Tim Minchin, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Blithe Spirit with Angela Lansbury, and Book of Mormon. And it's very likely Newsies will be thrown into that mix as well.
What are you looking forward to this year?

0 comments: