Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fall TV

My Fall TV is finally starting to shake out. I dropped most of the sitcoms I tried - Dad, The Goldbergs, Brooklyn Nine-Nine - though I'm thoroughly in love with The Crazy Ones.

I'm also in love with The Blacklist. That has lived up to all my expectations and then some. My husband and I spent half an hour after the show last night tossing around theories about what exactly is going on. We can't decide on anything, which has me all kinds of intrigued about where it's going. I really hope it doesn't let me down, though I'm not sure how it could at this point.

The jury is still out on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. My husband loves it, but I'm really not invested. I find most of the characters bland and uninteresting - probably because of bland, uninteresting actors. Five episodes in, and as soon as I walk away from the show I forget which one is Fitz and which one is Simmons. I won't even start on how dull I find Ward and Skye. But I'm not sure it's a good sign when I start the episode more curious about which origin story they're going to try and tell rather than wonder what's going to happen to the actual cast.

I haven't watched Dracula yet. That's sitting on my DVR. But the show I'm looking forward to now hasn't even started yet. It's Almost Human with Karl Urban. I adore that man. I even sat through Dredd for him. And I'd love a good sci-fi action show to sink my teeth into.

What are you watching? Anything you love? Hate?

2 comments:

Carla Krae said...

We'll watch The Blacklist tonight since we don't have a Tuesday 10pm show.

Fitz is male, Simmons is female. She calls him Fitz several times in each ep now.

Dracula is fun. We both liked the pilot. It's a shorter season show...should be 13 eps. Then the pirate show with John Malkovich comes on mid-season.

Vivien Dean said...

Oh, I know during the show who Fitz and Simmons are. It's what comes after. They both leave such little impression on me that until someone reminds me, I don't remember which is which. I never think that's a good sign, lol.