Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Project Runway All-Stars

So...who's watching the new Project Runway All-Stars?

I'll admit, I'm watching again, even though I didn't like most of these designers the first time they were on. But I like the challenges, and there's the occasional cool outfit, and it's only an hour long instead of the ninety minutes we're usually subjected to.

So far, it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Considering the drama queens they brought back, the show has been remarkably focused on...drum roll...clothes! Even starting with a team challenge didn't seriously derail everything, though the one team's collections was just sad.

This week's disco challenge could've been fun, but I didn't find myself responding to many of the clothes. And the ones I did, ended up in the middle somewhere. Uli's white dress was pretty but I just didn't see what it had to do with the challenge. My favorite was actually the turquoise two-piece pantsuit that Joshua did. Color me surprised, because I seriously dislike that boy. But I like that the judges seem to have genuine critiques, and they're not unanimously agreeing on runway choices. It makes it a little more interesting.

I don't have a favorite so far, though there are more than a few I'd like to see leave. And can Suede please stop referring to himself in third person? It's annoying.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think everyone is tired of Suede referring to himself in the third person; it wasn’t cute on his season, and it definitely is not cute on ‘All-stars.’ I was talking about this episode with my co-worker at DISH and we both feel Wendy deserved to be eliminated. I’m still not sure why Andrae continues to create those sheer jackets when they never work with his outfits. I’m going to miss next week’s episode, but I’ve already set my Hopper to record it. I have a ton of DVR recording room so I can record the rest of the season. I still love Uli and even though her look was not 70’s, she is a fabulous designer.

Vivien Dean said...

Uli's marvelously talented. Even if hers wasn't my favorite last night, I'm glad she's getting recognition of any sort.

I wonder if the producers expected Wendy to bring more drama/bitchiness to the show than she actually did, and that helped spur her quick Auf. Of course, the trashy outfit really didn't help, lol.

Veronica Scott said...

I enjoy Anthony! Although Uli does seem like a very talented and pleasant person!