Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Weekly wrap-up

I can't believe it's Friday already. My kids are on spring break right now, which you would think would mean I have more time on my hands since I'm not doing school runs or fighting with homework, but not in my world. Yesterday was the first day I was able to get any writing done. We've had games and/or practice every night this week. There's another practice tonight, a game in the morning, and then a piano recital for both of them tomorrow afternoon.

This time of year is always killer for me. I know this, and yet, somehow, I always think it won't be that bad this year.

I did manage to get title approval for my story for the upcoming entertainment-themed pax at Amber Allure. It's called "The Hearts of Yesteryear" and is about an aging actor and a renovated moviehouse theater. It'll be a short one, too, probably somewhere between 13 and 15k. Since it's been percolating in my head all week (in the lack of actual time to write), I'm starting it first thing tomorrow. I imagine it will go swiftly. This is one of those stories that is already written in my imagination. I just have to transcribe it.

0 comments: