Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

GayRomLit

This past weekend, a number of authors met up in the UK for a writing conference celebrating LGBT. I would've loved to go, but clearly I'm on the wrong side of the ocean now so I just got to hear about it all afterward. The nice thing is, however, I'm in the right country--even just a couple states away--for another get-together next month.

I'm talking about GayRomLit in Albuquerque.

GayRomLit isn't the usual convention or conference. The organizers like to call it a retreat, basically a long weekend (starting on Thursday, the 18th) for readers and authors to interact. There are a whole bunch of parties and customized author events, as well as Q&As, readings, and a booksigning. I didn't go last year, but considering its success and its location for 2012, decided to give it a go. I'm not sure how much partying I'll really do. Those kind of gatherings aren't really my style (though the cabaret-style evening for Saturday sounds right up my alley), but I'm rather keen to sit and talk with people in a more intimate setting. I'm hoping for a lot of that, actually.

On top of that, I've signed up for a Q&A, and I'm bringing books, both mine and some as Jamie Craig, for the booksigning. My swag arrived today, too, which makes it all that more real.

If you're going, let me know so I can look out for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't manage Gayromlit, but I was a the UK thing. It was excellent.

Next July 13th - Manchester. Hope to see you there.

Vivien Dean said...

I got the blow-by-blow from my friend, Elyan Smith, when he got home. He said much the same thing. :)