Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Self-publishing

Yesterday, I mentioned how I was going to try self-publishing stories that I'd got back the rights to. It makes the most sense. Most of them are shorter, part of anthologies that got broken up or from a publisher I don't work with anymore, and it seems silly to resubmit them elsewhere.

Only one of them is novel-length, and that is one I always wanted to rewrite anyway. It's called A Sentry's Touch and was originally published by Linden Bay. When I say it's going to be rewritten, I mean quite extensively. It was published as a het shapeshifter romance, but I always wanted it to be menage. The thing was, it was never going to happen organically in just one book. By rewriting and publishing it myself, I can make it a series to develop it and the world that really needed more one story to bring to life. I can go back to my original title for it, too, or at least a variation of it: The Shape of Yesterday.

The others are all shorter, however, so they'll come out much more quickly. It's just a matter of finding the time to sit down and do all the work before I send it off to Michael over at Booknibbles for cover art and formatting.

Ha. Time. Isn't that what we're all looking for more of? :)

1 comments:

Carla Krae said...

Welcome to the indie club. :)