Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Adventures in Scrivener

Since I'm about to start a new story, I decided to try it out in Scrivener. I'm still on a time crunch, though thankfully not as bad, so it's now or never. The new story is the next in the Bay Wolves series, which makes Scrivener ideal. It will allow me to keep character sheets of all the people who show up, track all the details I need to straight and more.

Sunday, I went through the tutorial, and yesterday, I got my project set up. It's a little more time-consuming than I'd hoped. Things like figuring out how it's best to track my daily productivity took up time, as well as going back through Boundless to create sheets for the characters in there. Those only have the barest details in them. I'll likely fill them in as I go along with the details I need to ferret out. The important thing for me right now is to get started.

I'm sure I'll fall in love with it, but I'm at the part where it's more work than I want it to be. Keep your fingers crossed I don't fall into it and get lost!

1 comments:

Shewmaker said...

There's a community w/over 2500 members for Scrivener Users. Visitors do not need a G+ account. You may read the community posts before you decide whether to participate, which does require a G+ account. https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109597039874015233580