Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Getting ready for RT

My reaction to the upcoming RT in three simple words.

I'm not ready.

I'm trying to avoid actively thinking about it, because then I start having a panic attack. The timing is atrocious for me this year. My kids have active lives, I leave two days after Mother's Day, and I have deadlines that are staring me down. I know I'll feel better once I actually get to New Orleans, but honestly, I'm probably going to be sick until I'm physically checked in at the hotel. Even the flight itself is making me hyperventilate because it's my first time flying with Southwest and the lack of seat assignments makes me anxious (not to mention I hate having to worry about connections and they were unavoidable for a cross-country flight from California to New Orleans).

I wish I could use it as a vacation time like so many other authors do, but truth be told, I know for a fact that I'll spend hours alone in my room writing and that I will never leave the hotel except to go to and from the airport. I'll be uber relaxed by the time I return home the following week, though. Getting away from the hectic schedule of my everyday life is always rejuvenating.

I just have to get to the point where I'm actually there, first.

0 comments: