Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

WIPs going on the shelf

Damn it. Yesterday, I realized that my WIP was going to be way too long for the Viva la Difference pax collection. I get that problem a lot. So I did the hard thing and shelved it so I could start brainstorming other ideas.

The plus? I got an idea that makes me chuckle every time I think about it. And I ripped out the first thousand words in absolutely no time last night, which is always a good sign that the story is working.

The minus? Another WIP I wonder if I'll ever get back to. I hate that. I've got far too many, ideas I just didn't have the time to sit and work on because other deadlines got in the way.

That WIP virtual drawer is filling up too fast. Where is that computer program that lets me mentally dictate the story while I sleep?

0 comments: