Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

My one week of freedom

This is the one week of the summer where both of my children are away at their vacation programs. My 14 y/o daughter is off at UC-Santa Cruz doing a three week course on astronomy, while my 12 y/o son left yesterday for his camp, a week-long program that focuses on science and humanist values. No party for me, though. I have a ton of work to do, and I got called for jury duty on Thursday. Fingers crossed I don't actually have to go in, because I could really use the extra alone time to write.

We got home from dropping our son off yesterday, and the first thing my husband said was, "Welcome to your future."

I never thought I'd be one of those who'd suffer terribly from empty nest syndrome, but I'll admit it, I miss them and worry constantly. I've got at least six more years before it happens for real. I have a feeling those years are just going to fly by.

0 comments: