Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Shades of Pink Anthology

Last spring, my friend Kallysten approached me about contributing to a charity anthology she wanted to do again. She had raised $250 for breast cancer research in October 2012 with her Shades of Pink event and wanted to do it again.

I jumped at the chance.

Breast cancer runs in my family. I lost two aunts to it in the eighties and, in the past ten years, had two extremely close friends get diagnosed as well. Thankfully, theirs was caught in time and they're both doing great now. But it's an issue that is near and dear to me as a result, and it was an honor to be a part of Kallysten's noble efforts.

The anthology has 33 author contributions, with stories ranging from 3-10k in a wide variety of genres. It becomes available on October 1, but on September 15th, the donation page will go live so early donors can get the anthology a little early. More details are here.

In the meantime, Kallysten is posting excerpts and blurbs of all the contributors on her blog. Mine goes up next week on the 18th, but there are already two there for people to see. As we get closer to the release, I'll post more information and keep you updated. It's a great thing she's doing, and really, everybody wins. Readers get 33 stories to read, and all money raised goes directly breast cancer research.

0 comments: