Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

My staycation from RT

This year marks the first time in a while where I won't be at the RT convention. Since I took most of 2012 off from writing to concentrate on taking care of my family in their time of loss, I figured it probably wasn't fair to incur that kind of expense. I was okay with my decision until the past week or so, but as I see all my writing friends packing up and getting ready to go, I'm all kinds of jealous that I don't get to be there this year.

I'm not just sitting on my hands, though. I'll be guest posting over at Sandra Sookoo's blog this week, but in the meantime, you should go check it out. She'll be giving away goodies and so will the other authors she's hosting.

My kids are probably happy I'm not going anywhere, either. Between baseball, softball, chorus, and band, we barely have time to see each other, let alone get homework done. Plus, my husband has got a ton of stuff going on at his work (including having to dress up as the Incredible Hulk for a team-building scavenger hunt on Thursday, I'm so hoping somebody takes pictures, lol), which means most of the load will fall on me. The glamorous life of a writer, huh? ;)

0 comments: