Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Project Runway Finale, Part 1

If you didn't watch Project Runway last night and don't want to be spoiled, stop reading now. I plan on talking about it.

Lalalalalalalala....

Are you gone yet? Good.

Can I just say how pissed I am?!? Believe it or not, I've enjoyed this season. It didn't have a lot of the manufactured drama of recent years, and there were more than a couple designers I really liked. I have a favorite, sure, but I genuinely like a couple of these guys. And some of the designs this year have been stunning.

I only had one hope when I started watching last night. That Dmitry would make the top three. Thanks to Tom & Lorenzo's blog, I'd seen pictures of all the collections, real and mock, that were shown, and while his didn't blow me away, he's been the one I've loved the most throughout the process. I love his drama, I love his structure, I love his tailoring.

And I'm glad his is a final collection. Really. But c'mon, did I really have to sit through ninety minutes (okay, maybe more like seventy since I watched it after it was done and fast-forwarded through all the commercials) to discover the judges were copping out and sending them all to Fashion Week?

Apparently, yes. It's starting to feel like Anya's win all over again. Remember Anya? The one the producers kept changing the rules for every time it looked like she'd be eliminated?

I have never thought Dmitry was going to win. I love him, but to me, it's seemed like their favorite has always been Christopher. Don't get me wrong, he's made some really pretty designs, but based on their mini-collections, he very much should've been the one auf'd. Two generic shorts outfits and the skirt/bustier combo? Boring. The judges knew it, too. Their pet screwed up when it was most crucial he didn't.

So...they changed it up to accommodate him staying in.

I fully expect him to win next week, and as all right as I might have been with it before, it's going to leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Because it'll feel like preferential, undeserved treatment. Unfairness to the extreme. One of my biggest hang-ups ever, because I really loathe that. I want winners to actually deserve their win.

Ha, maybe I should stop thinking about it until the show airs.

Oh, hell, I just realized I'm in Albuquerque for GRL when it's on. Thank god for Slingbox and hotel wifi, lol!

0 comments: