Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Foodie Friday - Easy Peasy Chocolate Caramel Crispy Treats

I'm going to try out a new feature here, mostly because I do this anyway with friends so it wouldn't be much extra work at all to share on my writing blog, too.

Even though this has absolutely nothing to do with writing whatsoever.

But I love to cook, and bake, and, well, eat what I cook and bake, which isn't always a great thing. I share recipes with friends all the time, especially as my kids' tastes have evolved, or as I meet new people who have different traditions than I do, or as life just goes on.

To start things off, I'm posting an easy peasy treat that my kids adore. The grown-up kids love it, too, because it's just not good for you which means it's delicious, right, lol? I don't have pictures this week, but starting next week, I'll do those so you have an idea.

I suppose that means I should learn how to use our camera instead of relying on my camera phone. That's probably easier said that done.

These are a simple treat I make for the kids when they have guests, or for special occasions, or at Christmas time. They're always devoured.


CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CRISPY TREATS


INGREDIENTS
4 2.05 oz bars of Milky Way
3/4 cup butter, divided
3 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup milk chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
1. Melt candy and 1/2 cup of butter, stirring occasionally until smooth.
2. Stir in cereal until well blended.
3. Press into a greased 11x7" pan.
4. Melt chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 cup butter, stirring until smooth.
5. Spread over the top of bars.
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.

0 comments: