Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Year's Blog Hop

I absolutely love New Year's. Not the partying of New Year's Eve, but instead the day after, the first of the calendar year, the day that marks the beginning of whatever you want it to be. Anything can happen. The slate is completely clean. Beginnings are like a breath of fresh air.

I don't do resolutions, however. Anything important shouldn't be put off until the first of the year, and frankly, if I'm not committed to trying something in September, for instance, I can be pretty sure I won't be any more committed in January.

But that notion of starting over? Oh yeah. Maybe it's a holdover from when I was a child and do-overs were so popular. It's another reason why I'm so fond of reunion stories. People get a second chance, the opportunity to do it over and fix what went wrong the first time. I've written a fair few of them, and there are more on my horizon.

My most recent release is a reunion story of another type. Set in the San Francisco area over a century in the future, A Soul Remembered is about Adam Silver, a young man who's on the hunt for the love of his life. The thing is, it's not the love of his current life. Adam is looking for the soul of the husband he lost over a hundred years ago, the man he hoped to save by developing a chip technology that preserves all the brain activity of its host. When he manages to find him again, in the burly form of Dr. David Bogart, he has two different obstacles to overcome.

First, there's the fact that Bogart doesn't remember anything, a design of the chip technology Adam planned for. The second is how everybody connected to Bogart ends up dead, so much so that he's earned the nickname of "Dr. Death" with the media. Can he trust the man his love has become?

More importantly, can he survive the curse that seems to follow Bogart around?

You can read an excerpt at Amber Allure.

*_*_*

How do you feel about reunion stories? Leave a comment, and on January 5, I'll pick two random entries for prizes:

1. A $20 Amazon gift certificate
2. A 4 GB Swarovski USB drive (available for US addresses only)


*_*_*

Don't forget to keep on clicking through the blog hop! Lots of great authors are involved, with a ton of prizes. Have fun!


9 comments:

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

Love reunion stories and second chance tales. I like that they have history together and there's a chance for more. :)

Happy New Year!

Patricia Burleson said...

Reunions are great stories about them are good too. Lol HAPPY New Year.

Siobhan Muir said...

Oh, I love reunion stories, second chances, and "do-overs". Your tale sounds great, Vivien. Happy New Year! :)
Siobhan
muir.siobhan AT gmail.com

Michelle Gallegos said...

Reunion stories are great....so much drama usually follows.

bn100 said...

not a big fan of them

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Mona Karel said...

Reconnecting with old friends has been crucial for me lately. Not sure if I'd like a reunion with the very strange person I once thought was the love of my life!
Your USB drive is the epitome of bling.

Jean MP said...

Enjoy reading second chance and reunion stories, always so much tension and unresolved issues.
skpetal at hotmail dot com

Linda said...

Love reunion & second chances! Although I love anything that´s got a HEA, smutty fluff and an Alpha male Hero ;)
Thanks for the giveaway & Happy New Year!
//Linda

Brandy Mulder said...

love renunions!